So we have been speaking with a great friend of ours Alex Head at the awesome Social Pantry. For those of you not in the know, Social Pantry are one of the UK’s top event caterers as well as running venues across London.
Not only that but Alex also contributes her amazing recipes to many publications including Stylist, The Telegraph and Metro to name just a few. Alex and her Social Pantry team have compiled some of the top wedding trends to look forward to this year.
Last year was of course a year like no other for everyone, including all our wedding clients. To say wedding couples felt all the emotions over the year is an understatement! We are, however, very excited about the Summer ahead and definitely enjoying all the new wedding trends developing.
The Social Pantry wedding team is at the forefront of food and wedding trends, from Friday Weddings and 1960’s Ritz style dessert trolleys to plant-based sushi stations, we’ve highlighted Our Top Ten, 2021 food trends we are loving
Social Pantry’s Top 2021 Food Trends
1. Gone are the days of sharing platters and family-style dining, we are loving the rise of small plates with a focus on using the best quality and locally sourced ingredients.
2. Lots of couples have, sadly, had to cancel their destinations weddings and understandably want to incorporate a touch of their destination weddings into their menu; think Tuscan Lemon Granita as a refreshing dessert
3. Embrace the dessert trolley and patisserie, think 1960’s old school Ritz vibe.
4. After a year of lockdown there is less emphasis on the weekend; a Friday wedding is the new Saturday wedding leaving you to embrace a pool party on Saturday and enjoy a rest on Sunday.
5. Paella food stations are becoming more popular as they work so well outdoors and are a great way to feed a hungry crowd be it on the wedding day itself or the day after.
6. We love that the vegan trend is still going strong and long may it continue. It’s increasingly common for people to enjoy a vegan starter, couples often want to blow away guests with standout, memorable vegan courses.
7. The rise of the wood fire pizza oven is a hot new trend, however food trucks will always be a popular late-night snack option at weddings to soak up the booze and help refuel the dance floor!
8. Plant-based Sushi is having a moment, you’ll have to trust us on this one! Watch this space…
9. Couples are embracing food even more and enjoying more courses, opting to add in an amuse-bouche or palette cleanser and sometimes finishing with a lavish dessert trolley.
10. A smaller wedding party does not always mean a smaller budget. Couples are enjoying being able to allocate additional budget to the styling, think hand-stitched, personalised linen napkins, hand-painted menus and place names and floristry of dreams.
What Next For Weddings?
The covid effect has hit every part of our lives and weddings are no different. What is one of the biggest events you will ever plan has just got that much harder, with demand far outstripping supply in the market, something which is expected to continue well into 2022.
The best advice we can give you is to ensure you get ahead of the game and organise the major parts as quickly as possible – and that means the venue and the caterer. Once the big pieces of the complicated wedding puzzle are in place why not think cocktails? Head on over to our bottled cocktail range to see what a bespoke bottled cocktail as a wedding favour could look like.